Arrow-shaped tiles are a popular tile shape that can add a unique and modern look for a kitchen splashback. These tiles have a tapered, arrow-like shape on both ends, allowing a tiler to create a dynamic and visually appealing effect.
Arrow-shaped tiles come in a variety of materials, including ceramic, porcelain, and glass. Ceramic tiles are a popular choice for their durability and affordability, while porcelain tiles are highly resistant to scratches and staining. Glass tiles, on the other hand, can add a reflective quality to a space and are perfect for creating a bright and airy atmosphere.
When selecting tiles for your next tiling project, it’s important to consider the materials’ durability, water resistance, and ease of maintenance.
Arrow-Shaped Tiles Installation
Arrow-shaped tiles can be installed using the same methods as traditional tiles, using adhesive. It’s important to ensure that they are properly aligned during installation. It’s also important to use spacers to create even spacing between the tiles.
One thing to keep in mind when installing arrow-shaped tiles is that the tapered edges can create some challenges when it comes to cutting the tiles to fit in certain areas. It’s important to work with an experienced tiler who is skilled in setting out, cutting and installing arrow-shaped tiles to ensure a seamless and professional installation.
- Choose the right size: Arrow-shaped tiles can be found in a range of sizes, from small mosaics to larger individual tiles. Consider the size of your kitchen and the scale of other elements in the space when choosing tile size.
- Consider the colour and finish: Arrow-shaped tiles come in a variety of colours and finishes, including glossy, matte, and textured. Choose a colour and finish that complements your kitchen’s colour scheme and style.
- Decide on a pattern: Arrow-shaped tiles can be installed in a variety of patterns, from straight rows to herringbone or chevron patterns. Experiment with different layouts to find a pattern that enhances the arrow shape and creates visual interest.
- Choose the right grout: The grout colour and width can have a big impact on the final look of your tile installation. Consider using a contrasting grout colour to make the arrow shape stand out, or a matching grout colour for a more subtle effect.
- Hire a professional tiler: Installing arrow-shaped tiles can be more challenging than installing standard square or rectangular tiles. Hire a professional tiler with experience working with specialty tiles to ensure that the installation is done correctly and looks great.
Arrow-shaped tiles are a unique and modern choice for any tiling project. With their versatile design possibilities, wide range of materials, and easy installation methods, these tiles can add a touch of visual interest and depth to any space. Whether you’re looking to create a feature wall, backsplash, or flooring, arrow-shaped tiles can help you achieve the look you want.
Overall, arrow-shaped tiles can be a fun and unique choice for kitchen walls. By considering tile size, colour and finish, pattern, grout colour, and hiring a professional Bristol based tiler, you can create a striking and stylish look for your kitchen.